Friday, July 24, 2009

Spaz

So I had a fun adventure last night with some friends from college. I had called one of said friends and told her we were meeting at "the Grove"...not really thinking about the fact that there are 2 "Groves" in the L.A. area, about an hour away from each other. Ya, she called us from a payphone (she doesn't have a cellphone...didn't really help the chaos) from the other one about 20 minutes after we were supposed to meet up. I felt soooo bad! She said she was going to try to make it up, but it was a good hour drive and we didn't really have a plan, so I didn't want to have her drive all the way up for nothing. Granted, I haven't seen her in like 2 years, so I understand her wanting to come, but I just felt bad about the situation. I'm going to try and see if we can get together before I head back to Texas.

Anyway, the night turned out fine. We ended up getting some awesome frozen yogurt (Pinkberry, yum!), which Texas seems to lack, for some reason. Then I had a big spaz moment and realized 5 minutes after we had left the froyo place that I had left my purse there...awesome. Thankfully, the mall was pretty much closed down, so it wasn't like somebody would take it. A janitor ended up finding it and I got it back. Ya, that would have been really awesome since everything but my phone was in there. Don't know where that spaz moment came from.

So then we went and spontaneously saw a movie. We saw 500 Days of Summer, and it was really good! From watching previews and stuff, I thought it looked cute, but wasn't really motivated to see it. I'm SO glad we saw it! Totally funny and quirky and cute! So, it ended up being a good night, despite its hiccups. I still feel bad it didn't turn out exactly how we originally planned it, but it turned out alright in the end.

Tonight my great aunt had her 80th birthday party. A whole bunch of family was there (most of whom I haven't seen since Christmas), and there was lots of good food. Not too shabby. Obviously, it would've been better if Nick was there, but it was fun. And there weren't too many awkward questions about him being deployed, which is always good (and you know, people who I haven't seen in awhile always love to ask). Alright, I'm off to bed. I'm driving back to the in-laws tomorrow with the pups, yay!



2 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

That's great that they found your purse!

ACUs, ABCs & Dog Hair said...

Hope you guys are doing well! Glad you found your purse - that would have been a nightmare!