I was obviously getting a little bit bored, so I talked to my in-laws, and I'm heading up there tomorrow after a pit stop at my sister's to help with the kids. It's funny because I originally asked my parents to watch my dogs for a few days, and now it turned into like 5. I can't argue with a little break though. And I'll be bringing the dogs up with me when I go for my extended stay with the in-laws at the end of the month. It kind of puts a damper on dog training though since my parents are keeping up the behavioral training, but I'm the only one that does the obedience. I can even see the difference in the 3 days I was gone last week (they're not as consistent and Rufus has been jumping on the furniture more), but it'll be all good in the long run. I'll have tons of time once I'm back in Texas to work with them full-time, ha ha.
I've been thinking and praying about my job situation and right now, I think I'm just going to stick to volunteer work. It doesn't really make sense to get a job, then take a month off with Nick, then potentially move around Juneish. So, I think volunteer work would definitely meet what I'm looking for- flexible hours, and I would still feel like I'm doing something valuable with my time. I'm kind of hoping I can find a non-profit or something where I can use my Animation skills (to help with a website or something), but I'm not too picky at this point.
2 comments:
Consider my classroom an open door for volunteering! :)
I think you're making the best decision for you. I mean with him coming in for leave soon you won't have to worry about work. Also when you're moving that's hard as well with work. I'm almost to the point where I have to make a choice what to do with work since Matt comes back in Nov....
Post a Comment