Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I Think I'm Going to Scream

So it's been pretty uneventful around here. I've been spending a lot of time hanging out at my parent's house with the dogs. I met with a dog trainer yesterday and am going to do some training with my boys (working on jumping, barking, etc.). Other than that, there really isn't much going on.

Well, there wasn't until this morning, at least. One of my friends offered to help with my A/C getting fixed while I'm gone, since the part finally came in for them to fix it. Well, she called me at 6:30am this morning to tell me that it was impossible for the A/C repair people to get into my attic because Nick's Bronco is completely blocking the way (part of the ladder to the attic is even detached because the truck is in the way). It wasn't a problem last time they came because they just had to get into the attic. Well, this time they're taking out my unit and putting a new one in. And climbing on top of his truck to get a new A/C unit into the attic (like they did last time) really isn't an option. Awesome.

And this car is completely immobile. It hasn't run in like a year, and Nick's dad put it on jacks. Oh, and did I mention it weighs like 10s of 1,000s of pounds? So at this point its completely up in the air as to what's happening with my A/C. I'm so frustrated, there aren't even words. Even if I were there, I wouldn't have a clue what to do, but it's just that much more frustrating that I'm not. I just feel so powerless.

Great start to my day, wouldn't you say? Is this deployment over yet?


2 comments:

R.A.B. said...

Maybe when you get back, we can help. You should be able to take it off the jacks, put it in neutral, and get it to roll backwards down the drive enough...you'll need some men, but it shouldn't be that hard. Also, we have a real ladder if they need that to get into the attic. Let me know and I can have Av and some of his friends come by to help move the jeep if needed!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Oh man, I hope it can somehow get fixed!