Thursday, July 9, 2009

Bad Blogger

I have been a bad blogger as of late. Honestly, there is either absolutely nothing going on (so nothing to update about), or I'm super busy. There is no middle ground. Like, last week, I spent about 3 days doing nothing except hanging out with the dogs, and then last night I was out with friends until 1:30am. And I wanted to put pictures but had been to lazy to upload.

But, finally, here is an update on the past couple weeks:

- I spent the 4th of July with my family. My sister & brother-in-law (and my niece and 2 nephews) came down to Newport Beach for some fun activities during the day, including a fair and a little boat cruise:

Patriotic Katie being way too cute

Danny & Katie helping my dad drive the boat

-Then, that night (4th of July), I hung out with my brother & sister & their friends, most of which were Brits or Aussies, which definitely made the night interesting. We watched fireworks from the roof of my gramma's house on Balboa Island. Lots of fun! I also decided the dogs needed to be patriotic:

Rufus wearing his patriotic scarf


Scout showing his Texas pride (don't worry, someone gave this to me, I didn't buy it!)


- Have done a lot of dog training (with the dog trainer) and my dogs are improving significantly. So far we've worked on a lot of basic stuff (strengthening their obedience/my authority so we can use it in "problem situations"), but I've also gotten a lot of great tips about barking and separation anxiety.

- I E-mailed my principal on Monday and officially put in my notice. Very exciting! I haven't heard back from her yet, but I think she might be on vacation. I don't really forsee any problems though, and am still very confident in this decision. I still don't really know what I want to do next, but I figure I don't really have to figure it out until after Nick comes home on R&R (which is about 60+ days away!!!).

- I've gotten to hang out with some friends over the last couple days, which has been great. I went out to a bar with some college friends last night and didn't get home until 1:30am! Totally crazy for me nowadays and I am exhausted, even though I slept in until almost 11am. My voice is a little raspy too because it was so loud in the bar. Then, today I went out for froyo with my best friend from high school. Nobody can make me laugh like she does. Love it! Then, tonight I'm going to a movie with another friend from college. I guess I'm just a social butterfly!

- I've spent a few days helping out at my sister's house with the kiddoes. They are absolutely adorable & I'm so glad I'm getting to spend time with them. I think one of the hardest things about living so far away is missing seeing these guys grow up. But it's like I was never even gone! Love it!
Katie stole my shoes


...and clomped around in them for like a good five minutes

Luke & Bob

Danny at this sweet park

Katie all ready for the park

Luke is very sweet and snuggly!

Danny was all tuckered out after the park

-I'm having a great time though! The weather is great (not any warmer than like 85), although I freeze at night (60, brrr!). The dogs are doing really well, and I have a few more adventures and fun stuff planned, like visiting the in-laws.

2 comments:

corkyshell said...

Sounds like a wonderful time so far! Nice job on the dog training...its always nicer with better behaved dogs.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Glad you seem to be having a great time! I hope everything works out with your notice. I'm sure you'll enjoy the time off.