Thursday, May 27, 2010

Big Day

As per usual lately, we have been crazy busy. We have 2 friends moving this week, so we've been trying to spend time with them before they go. We haven't done any actual goodbyes yet (trying to hold out as long as possible), but unfortunately, they will be coming soon.

Today is a big day though because Nick is getting promoted to Captain in a matter of hours. WOOHOO! They're doing it a little bit early since most of the unit will be going to Louisiana in June and with it being Memorial day this weekend (and a 4 day weekend!), it was either yesterday, today or Tuesday. And, of course, it being the Army, they officially scheduled it yesterday. I'm posting about the promotion now because we're (FINALLY) going camping pretty much right when Nick gets home from work tonight. So, I'm not anticipating being able to post the pictures of his promotion until we get back. I have already put my camera in my purse so I won't forget, so there will definitely be pictures!

I'm excited that we're finally going camping though. We're both really excited about the prospect of a relaxing mini vacation and finally getting to use all of our camping equipment! Should be a fantastic weekend and it's starting off great today!


2 comments:

R.A.B. said...

CONGRATS. Looking forward to pictures!

The LT's Wifey said...

yeah for promotions! i am sure that is a weight off both of your backs! congrats! totally jealous you get to go camping, too!