Saturday, May 29, 2010

Promotion Pictures

We're back from camping! We had a totally great time, but I am glad we have another 2 days of this weekend left. I'm tired! Pictures to come soon.

But first, I promised pictures from Nick's promotion on Thursday! It was a pretty quick ceremony- maybe like 10 minutes overall, and that was with 6 other guys getting promoted with him. They did it outside at afternoon formation, which was pretty interesting because of the weather. It was CRAZY humid and hot, then ended up raining a little (which actually ended up feeling really good) with some thunder in the distance. The rest of Nick's classmates are getting promoted this coming Tuesday or so, but because the rest of Nick's unit is going to Louisiana next week, they decided to do it early.

Alice tagged along as my photographer & did a fantastic job! Unfortunately there isn't a good picture of me putting Nick's new Captain's rank on his chest (and punching him, which is tradition, ha ha), the Colonel (his battalion commander) was completely in the way. The rest of the pictures turned out awesome though:

All the guys getting promoted from the unit

Joined by the wives, fiancees and girlfriends (and the colonel in front)

You can't see me, but I'm taking the old 1st Lieutenant rank off Nick's chest & putting the new Captain one on

Then the Colonel put the new rank on Nick's stetson (because that's how we do it in Texas. Seriously, that's part of their uniform)


Salutes and hand shakes

Nick doing a little thank you speech

Thanking me :)


Funny story...when Nick was commissioned as a 2nd Lieutenant after graduating from college, I got to put the new rank on his beret. Well, it's a big deal, & I was nervous & put it on all crooked, which he continues to make fun of me for. So, this time, he wanted the Colonel to put it on his stetson, which was totally fine with me. But, of course, the colonel had a hard time & it ended up being totally crooked anyway. Easily fixable of course, but funny nonetheless.



Fixing his stetson


My Captain hubby!


Yay for promotions!

4 comments:

Erin said...

Congrats on the promotion!!

Jeannette said...

How exciting! We might have a promotion coming up but I don't know if there is a ceremony for it. He might just come home one day as a specialist. I am so looking forward to the end of OCS when I finally get to pin on those butter bars though! Oh it's gonna be fun!

The LT's Wifey said...

Congrats!

Beth said...

Congrats to you guys! We're doing our ceremony tomorrow!