Friday, May 14, 2010

Busy, Busy

Things have been really busy since I got back! A lot of the normal stuff (appointments, volunteering, etc), but also a couple of fun lunch dates. On Tuesday I went out with a couple of the wives from Nick's unit, one of whom is moving soon. On one hand, I'm totally jealous, because she's moving up to WA state. On the other hand, she's awesome and the unit will definitely not be the same without her. I just found out we're going to try to go out to lunch again before she leaves in a couple weeks.

I also went out to lunch in a really cute little Texas-y town called Salado yesterday with Alice and a friend of hers. I wish our town had that much character! I also wish I was going to be here around Christmastime because I would totally get all of my Christmas presents there. All of the little shops are filled with really cool artsy/homemade stuff and lots of antiques. OH, and there was a really awesome fudge place. I'm not even that big of a fudge fan, but they had like 15 different kinds (mint, espresso, etc.), and they gave huge free samples. Totally a fun afternoon!

Time with Alice is starting to get bittersweet though. I've definitely started tearing up a little bit at the mention of her leaving. I'm trying to pretend it's not happening, although at this point, it's only a couple weeks away. I honestly don't know what I'm going to do without her! It's not like I don't have other friends, but she is by far my best friend. Nick recently described her as my doppleganger because we have so much in common. I can only hope the Army will bring us back together sometime soon. And, for now, she'll only thankfully be a few hours away, although it's still going to be different.


No comments: