Thursday, May 6, 2010

To California!

I am officially on my way to California! Woohoo! Right now, I have a short layover in Phoenix, but I'll be on my way to Orange County soon!

It was slightly stressful getting to the airport this morning, but thankfully, I made it without a problem. The stressful part was that I had to leave work early since my flight was at the major airport 1.5 hours away.

Thankfully, the woman I work with is awesome and had no problem covering for me. I felt bad leaving her with 8 kids nonetheless, although it was thankfully only for about 45 minutes. And I made sure to wear the kids out as much as I could before I left. They're all really good kids, but being alone with 8 kids is always busy, no matter how good they are.

Nick was able to get a little time off work and take me to the airport, which was really nice. He should be able to pick me up on Monday too, which he really wants to do. Somehow, he's never picked me up at the airport in the 7 years we've been together. Don't know how that happened, especially since I've picked him up too many times to count. Such is the Army life though, I guess.

Anyway, I still can't believe my "little" brother is graduating from college this weekend! I feel like my graduation day was just yesterday, although in reality it was 3 years ago yesterday. When did that happen?!

- Posted from Court's iPhone

2 comments: