Rufus is quite a character. He has so much personality, it is ridiculous. He is definitely Nick's dog, and Nick has recently referred to him as his son and his sidekick. He can be quite a pain sometimes because he has a lot of energy and likes to get into trouble. But he can also be really cute and sweet and just adores Nick. And he loves nothing more than chasing his tire.
Anyway, I mentioned awhile ago that as an anniversary gift, my parents had given us M&Ms with our names on them (which were also used at our engagement party):

Well, Nick was eating some and there was one random red M&M in the bag that had the date December 10, 1979. Ya, that date has absolutely no significance to us whatsoever especially since it was before both of us were even born. He felt like it was some clue to some mystery we were supposed to solve, ha ha. You're probably wondering what it has to do with Rufus. Nick left said M&M on the table and Rufus proceeded to snatch it. Thankfully, I grabbed it before he ate it. But ya, he's a booger.
Then, last night, we let the dogs out after dinner and Rufus ran really fast over to the fence. I thought there might have been another dog or something, but he turned around and ran proudly towards us with something in his mouth. Ya, it was a dead rat! Thankfully, he didn't try to eat it or anything, and dropped it quickly so that Nick could dispose of it. We're pretty proud of our little rat-killing Terrier though! Because as the past has proven, I am NOT a fan of rodents in my backyard (See this post... and this one...and this one). So go Rufus!
1 comment:
Go Rufus!
How random about that one M&M....by the way, he probably would have been okay with just the one. The night before D and I drove the 16 hours from Hood to Chicago over block leave with the dog she ate an entire bag of Hershey's kisses with the foil wrappers still on them. Yep. She was fine! (I did call the vet though, to ask if I should bring her in.)
Post a Comment