What have we been busy with this week, you ask? Well, on Monday night we went to a small group/bible study through our church that we really enjoyed. We met a really friendly woman at church on Sunday who leads the group with her husband and she invited us, along with another couple we know. They're going through a book/DV
D by John Piper and it seems really interesting so far. It's called Don't Waste Your Life. Nick loves John Piper, so we're pretty excited. Then, on Tuesday, there was a men's lunch at our new church that Nick went to, and I was invited out to lunch with the same lady and a bunch of other girls. There were 7 of us all together and we went to a cute little town nearby for a delicious meal and some window shopping.
Finally, today, I went to a Newcomer Orientation at our new post with a girl I'm kind of casually mentoring (she's brand new to the Army). I'm really glad we went together because like 80% of the people there were soldiers in uniform, which neither of us were expecting (I thought this was mostly for spouses and stuff). But, there was a lot of good information and I came home with a ridiculous amount of free stuff. Oh, and the USO was handing out Krispy Kreme doughnuts, which is always a good time.
So really, I don't know when in all this we would have time to unpack! We are getting there, just slowly. Hopefully we'll be able to get more done this weekend, since it is a 4-day weekend...not that Nick has been gone more than a few hours a day trying to get into the next Airborne class (fingers crossed) since his Stryker Leader Course is over. But we'll probably buckle down a little more since there isn't a whole lot else going on...I hope.
1 comment:
I considered not unpacking here since I knew we would only be here for 6ish months. D nixed that one. You'll get it done eventually.
Post a Comment