Nesting is in full swing! I just wish I had more time to do it. We have officially gone from "busy" to "really busy". We got a whole bunch of baby stuff this past week, and I'm dying to get it organized!!! Thank goodness we've gotten this much of a head start. We went to IKEA this past weekend and ended up buying a crib & dresser/changing table, and put them together. We also started transitioning the "dog room" into the nursery! It feels really good that it's all starting to come together. Here are some pictures of the nursery so far:
I'm feeling alright still, although definitely getting more and more uncomfortable as time goes on. Like today, I woke up when Nick left this morning at 5am, and proceeded to toss and turn until 6:30am. So weird! And the baby wasn't even kicking all that much, so that definitely wasn't it! Otherwise, just minor discomforts here and there. I had my latest check-up today and everything is still looking good. My glucose test came back totally normal, my weight is still on track and blood pressure is totally normal. I'm now starting to have appointments every 2 weeks instead of monthly. Progress!
The baby is as big as a head of lettuce- as long as 18 inches and about 3.2 pounds. The heartbeat got checked again today & is holding strong around 150. I think it's definitely starting to "get into position" (head down) because that's where they found the heartbeat and I think I've been seeing a little baby bottom up near my ribs (it's new favorite place to hang out). I've felt some hiccups a couple of times too. Oh, and something interesting (not really a developmental milestone) is that the baby is surrounded by 1 1/2 pints of amniotic fluid at the moment, although that will decrease as it gets bigger.
The baby isn't doing a whole lot except for getting bigger, but here are some developmental milestones this week:
- Can perceive information from all five senses (although they can't smell much more than amniotic fluid at the moment though)
- Forming connections between individual nerve cells
- Lots of pedaling with the hands & feet (oh yes, ALL the time!)
- Eyesight continuing to develop- has about 20/400 eyesight at the moment
Here is this week's belly picture:
1 comment:
Ahhh i am still so excited for you!! The baby furniture looks great :)
Post a Comment