I've been having a bit of pregnancy insomnia (was up yesterday morning from 5-7am for no reason), my allergies are driving me crazy and my hips are starting to ache, mostly at night. I'm not really trying to complain here, but it's definitely getting more and more uncomfortable. I know I will definitely be ready to get this baby out towards the end! We've still been pretty busy, but things are starting to slow down again, YAY! We had our last parenting class last night. It was very informative, but I'm glad it's over. I think we might do an infant CPR class or something, but otherwise, we're DONE!
Thankfully, I started doing water aerobics this week and that has definitely helped! Yoga was starting to take a toll on my arms and wrists because of the extra pregnancy weight, so a friend and I decided the pool sounded pretty good. We went to Aqua Zumba on Monday, which was really fun (gotta love a crazy Russian instructor) and water aerobics today, which was a really good workout. The baby really enjoyed it too! The funniest part was getting out of the pool at the end and feeling like I weighed a million pounds.
The baby is still doing great! I'm going to appointments every other week now, so I'll get another check-up on the little one next week. Yet again, it's just doing a lot of growing. It's apparently still the size of a head of lettuce, but could be almost 4 pounds (3.9) and 19 inches long now (last week it was 3.2 pounds and up to 18 inches long). Some developmental milestones this week:
- Arms, legs and torso starting to fill out
- Digestive system fully formed
- Running out of space- movements are mostly squirming and tapping (although I definitely still get some really good kicks!)
- Definite sleep cycles
Here is this week's belly picture:
And here's a collage of pictures I made showing the belly progression from 12-30 weeks (we didn't take a 22 week picture):

No comments:
Post a Comment