Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Baby Belly Wednesday- 32 Weeks/8 Months

My goodness, 8 months pregnant already! So crazy! Only 5 weeks left until full term and 8 weeks until my due date, eek! It's getting more and more real every day that we're going to meet this little one soon. Obviously, sooner would be better, but I'm trying to be realistic that it could be as long as 10 more weeks too. I was 2 weeks late when I was born, after all!

I've been feeling alright. Getting more and more uncomfortable, especially at night. Also, some not so fun heartburn here and there. And I'm just tired and not used to this extra big belly. I have the urge for a nap pretty much once a day, and today was the first time in weeks I was actually able to take one! Oh, and my allergies are going NUTS, but I found out what I can safely take and will be stocking up! Some braxton-hicks contractions here and there as well. Otherwise, doing well and enjoying a little time in the pool with zumba & water aerobics when I can.

The baby got checked again today (woo, appointments every 2 weeks!) and is still doing awesome! The heartbeat is still holding steady at 153. Still lots of kicks and "parties" in my belly (where it goes crazy) and hiccups about once a day. The kicks are fun except when it kicks the placenta or my ribs, neither of which feel very good. I'm almost excited it's running out of room in there so there will be a little less force behind those little feet. The baby is as big as a honeydew melon or a large jicama. They should be between 17-19 inches long now and can weigh up to 4.5 pounds! Some developmental milestones this week:
- Eyes closed while sleeping & open while awake now
- Development of the immune system and protection from mild infections
- Should have hair or (more likely) peach fuzz

Here is this week's belly photo:
8 months pregnant! I don't feel that big until I look at the belly, ha ha

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

You look adorable! :)