Case in point: last night, I was getting ready to make dinner. I knew we were either going to have Chicken Enchiladas or Chicken Pot Pie. Well, after about two seconds, I realized we didn't have enchilada sauce. Only slightly important in making enchiladas. Whoops!
So, I baked the chicken & was getting ready to put everything together for the Chicken Pot Pie. Then, I realized I didn't get biscuits to put on top of the Chicken Pot Pie instead of crust (yes, we put biscuits on top. We've been in the South for too long). I was just about to throw in the towel (tired & hungry pregnant Courtney is not a good combination), when my super creative husband suggested we use corn muffin mix on top. I was desperate, so I obliged, not knowing exactly how it would turn out.
Oh my goodness, we are now officially making Chicken Pot Pie that way every time because it was delicious! He was definitely thinking on his toes on that one, and I am so thankful. Not only did I get a scrumptious dinner, he saved me from having a complete meltdown, since I had already severely limited our dinner options for the night.
Further proof that Nick is awesome: we were also trying to decide if we should buy a bassinet holder for our Moses basket or if we should just have Nick try to build one. It didn't happen over his long weekend, and we've just been so busy lately, we weren't sure what to do. Well, Nick got yet another brilliant idea and decided to just put the Moses basket in the bassinet part of our pack-and-play. Love it!


1 comment:
Great post. And I now know that my grandbaby will be in great hands! :)
Post a Comment