Saturday, March 19, 2011

Feeling Pregnant

I've actually enjoyed most of this pregnancy experience so far, definitely besides the morning sickness and all of the ridiculous symptoms, of course (although I really can't complain too much). Second trimester, I almost felt "normal", despite my ever expanding waistline.

So obviously I've "felt" pregnant before now. I mean, we're in the 8th month, I don't know how I couldn't! But lately, I guess it's been affecting me more. Don't worry, I've managed to keep a pretty good sense of humor and this is not going to be all complain-y. I'm just noticing things, like my ankles starting to swell, and a ridiculous amount of braxton-hicks contractions (apparently my body is just really excited to practice, no preterm labor here, I promise!).

It's amazing how difficult it is to roll from one side of the other with this big 'ol belly. All I'm saying is, when this baby decides to come, I think I'm going to be more than ready! I think I'll be quite motivated to quit lugging around all this extra weight too. I'm sure my back will be happy, at the very least!

I also realized today that what is Summer to the rest of the world, also known as "Spring" in Georgia, has officially begun. I thought I might have a few pairs of shorts that were always kind of loose that might fit...ya, not so much. As of yesterday, I have graduated to Nick's clothes, which is a weird concept considering he is about 8 inches taller than I am and obviously weighs more too! Quite fashionable, if I do say so myself, ha ha. Good thing an online shopping trip at Old Navy maternity is in the works!

As a result of my body being very pregnant-y lately, I decided to get myself pampered! I got some sweet spa gifts for my birthday- a prenatal massage from my parents and a pedicure from Nick. Heavenly! I still can feel like awesome, jello like effects of some good old relaxation. I think it'll be just the ticket to get me through these last 4-9 weeks!


No comments: