Tuesday, July 21, 2009

...Ew...

So my parents surprised me the other day by telling me they still had the top of our wedding cake in the freezer...2 years later. I definitely remember them asking if I wanted it and telling them to throw it out. Ya, apparently they thought I might want it. Here is the loveliness:




It's an absolutely gorgeous cake, but one good sniff told me it definitely wasn't going to be any good after 2 years in a freezer. Not to mention, it would sit there until December or January if Nick wanted a bite (which he definitely did not). My mom apparently tried a little bit of frosting...and promptly spit it back out.

Ya, I don't know where that tradition came from, but freezing a cake really doesn't sound too appetizing. Maybe it would've been different if we actually would have had it on our one-year anniversary, but that would have involved taking it to Georgia, Kentucky and Texas...mostly in the car. Ew. So, alas, it is going into the trash on trash day (didn't really want it sitting in the hot trashcan for a few days).

Thankfully, we both got plenty of food and cake on our wedding day, and at our reception 2 weeks later. So, I think I'd rather remember how yummy that was than tarnish my memory with a frozen, 2 year old cake. Yum.


4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I hope mine makes it to our one year anniversary. We had ours "flash frozen" which I dunno what that means, but it's supposed to help it last...

Very pretty cake, though!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Yeah after two years, I think I'd not tempt eating it either. It looked really pretty though!

Katie said...

Oh it is very pretty! And to have to wait another 6 months? YUCKO!

Anonymous said...

Even after just 1 years, ours was horrid.