Friday, July 10, 2009

Flashback Friday

So some of my blog friends do Flashback Friday, and I thought I might join in this week (not sure if I'll do it every week or not). All day on 4th of July, I couldn't help but think of how Nick and I spent 4th of July last year (probably the best 4th I've ever had). Nick's unit offered a week of leave over the 4th of July, which we gladly took! We took a trip down to the beautiful Florida Keys and spent a week relaxing in the sun. It was awesome! Definitely one of the best trips I've ever been on. We flew into Miami and drove down the awesome Overseas Highway on the 4th.

The awesome Overseas Highway...just goes on and on and on with water on both sides

We checked into our hotel, and asked around about some fireworks shows. There were a few near us, and we eventually decided on one. However, when we pulled up, we found out it was $10...per person! So we scoped out our other options and ended up finding this:

Our sweet (FREE!) view of the fireworks


One of my favorite pictures ever


This is what we saw (I have like a million pictures like this...Nick got a little picture happy)


Not too shabby, especially for the price, ha ha. I absolutely got eaten alive by mosquitoes (while Nick didn't get a single bite...ya, mosquitoes love me), but it was sooo worth it and so much fun.

Very happy about our sweet fireworks spot

It was a really sweet trip and I think I'll remember it for a long time. Too bad the Army doesn't have a post down there, because I could definitely live in the Keys...ahhh.

We took this picture on our last night. We left our chairs on the beach for someone else to enjoy. Hopefully we'll make it down there again sometime soon!


3 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Aw! So cute! I love that you left the chairs!

Anonymous said...

Aww so cute and romantic! And yay for Flashback Fridays! :-D

Stephanie said...

I love the Keys, and the pictures from your trip are great! Makes me wanna go back... Glad you had a good time :)