Tuesday, October 19, 2010

First Belly Picture!

I am officially 12 weeks today, woohoo! Here's my first official belly picture!

Nick said it looked like Scout was looking concerned at my growing belly

- My cravings have significantly increased in the last week or so. First, I really wanted banana bread, then in the middle of a movie, I decided we had to have tacos for dinner (and proceeded to tell Nick so). Then, in the middle of church, I couldn't stop thinking about hash browns. And then there is the fact that I can't stop thinking about In-n-Out Burger. It's pretty hilarious.

- We've officially decided that we're not going to find out the gender of the baby. Neither of us are really dying to know what it is, so we decided we can wait for the surprise when it comes out. And my sister made a good point (she didn't find out with 2 out of the 3 of her kids) that it'll be a good motivation to get through labor. Plus, we will most definitely be having more kids in the future, so we think it makes sense to get neutral stuff like carseats and such.

- Speaking of labor, I'm definitely shooting for natural childbirth at this point. The whole thought of an epidural freaks me out, both the complete numbing and the giant needle that goes into your spine. So, that's the goal, but I haven't even opened my natural childbirth book, so I still have a lot of learning to do.

- I may or may not have bought a frame for our ultrasound picture. I think we're a little excited!


5 comments:

Dan said...

The blessings continue! YEA!

Unknown said...

Aww, yay! Cute bump!

This American Wife said...

Yay! Cute picture! As for the epidural, I was totally freaked out by it, but had a c-section so it was necessary (and turned out to not be that bad)!

Unknown said...

This picture is so sweet!! And I don't blame you at ALL for the ultra-sound frame.. it's a necessity!! ..haha :)

R.A.B. said...

So exciting. Keep us updated!