Wednesday, November 24, 2010

17 Weeks!

I have officially reached 17 weeks! The baby is now -quite appropriately for Thanksgiving- the size of a sweet potato and can yawn and hiccup (can't wait to feel that!). Also, the nervous system is developed, as well as the sweat glands, and the skeleton is starting to harden. It's still moving and kicking like crazy. It's pretty funny too, it actually responds when you push or tap on my belly. Nick tried it a couple times & got some good kicks in response. We definitely have a feisty one on our hands!

Here's the belly picture of the week:
17 weeks pregnant!


Also, in all of the excitement of taking pictures of cute baby clothes (although who wouldn't be excited about that?), I completely forgot to mention that my mom brought me a whole bunch of maternity clothes, yay! I got some hand-me-downs from my sister, Hillary, and some new clothes from H&M, where my mom went shopping with my other super fashionable sister, Whitney. It's nice to have some pants that button again, ha ha. Here's a taste:

The high waist really accentuates the baby belly, but I love it!

Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Baby D and I are definitely excited to eat some turkey and gravy tomorrow, mmmm!


No comments: