Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween Weekend

We had a fabulous Halloween, mostly celebrated on Saturday, as that was the post-sponsored day for the kids to trick-or-treat. We set out our pumpkins:

Wish I had a darker picture of them lit up in all their glory, but oh well

Amidst all our other decorations (which have been up for awhile, but I just now took pictures):


Nick was especially proud of the cobwebs on these bushes


Candy Corn lights!

And we went and sat out in front of our neighbor's house with their fire pit to hand out candy. The kids were slightly overwhelmed by 3 bowls of candy in one place (3 couples from our cul-de-sac), but it worked out really well otherwise. We even made some s'mores and just hung out and chatted.

And we got a lot of trick-or-treaters! So many that we ran out of candy, even though I had gotten 3 bags! The kids were super cute though. We saw lots of Marios, a couple Buzz Lightyears, one Ghostbuster, lots of Transformers and a couple Dorothys. So adorable! Crazy to think we'll have a 6-7 month old next year to dress up!

Anyway, then on Sunday we continued our awesome Halloween tradition of watching non-scary Halloween movies: Wallace & Gromit Curse of the Were-Rabbit (one of my favorites!), Ghostbusters, Ghostbusters 2 and Shaun of the Dead.

I barely stayed awake til the end of Ghostbusters 2, but it was awesome! So much for my theory of entering the "easy" 2nd trimester. I took a good nap today too, but I think a big contributor to that was the fast food we had for lunch, since we rarely have fast food. It knocked me out! Oh, and the little parasite struck again before church. Apparently, the baby has something against Sunday mornings. But, otherwise I've been feeling pretty good.


2 comments:

R.A.B. said...

You should go out and get baby's costume for next year while they're super CHEAP!!!

Unknown said...

Glad you guys had such a good Halloween :) I'm still keeping my finger's crossed for you to have a fabulous 2nd trimester!