Thursday, November 11, 2010

Happy Veteran's Day

Happy Veteran's Day! Because I have my favorite veteran here with me this year and I'm feeling all lovey dovey, I thought I'd list some of my favorite things about my amazing husband.

My favorite veteran

1- He makes me laugh, soooo much. The other day, he threw a fake temper tantrum like a 2 year old and I was positively dying with laughter.

2- He is the least technological person I know and he loves it that way. He has the most basic cell phone and regularly has me text for him.

3- He's going to be an amazing daddy. He already talks to my belly pretty much every night and went above and beyond when I was feeling yucky in the first trimester.

4- He is an amazing cook (which I'm sure he got from his dad). We had shrimp tacos last night, and oh my goodness, DELICIOUS!

5- He adores his dog, Rufus. He has referred to him as his son before, no lie. As a total dog lover, myself, I can't imagine not having dogs, and it is awesome to be married to someone who loves them about as much as I do!

6- He loves Jesus and is so dedicated to leading me and our future family in Christ. And it's not always in blatant ways. Just seeing him reading his bible or quietly doing a daily devotional.

Just a few reasons my hubby is awesome.


Also, this week I have officially reached 15 weeks pregnant! Here's the belly picture:

15 weeks!

I think it looks like my belly is smaller this week, but it might just be my outfit. I wasn't originally planning on doing a belly picture every week, but since I'm so far away from my family (although my parents are coming to visit next week!), I thought they'd enjoy seeing the weekly progress.

I had a check-up yesterday and the baby is doing great! I got to hear it's heartbeat again and it's holding strong at 150! That's pretty much my favorite sound, I love it. I got all set for a midwife and an un-medicated childbirth- I just have to go to one class that they hold every other month. Pretty surprising though, I have gained very little weight so far. Waaaay less than I was expecting! My jaw pretty much dropped when I saw the scale. They're not terribly concerned yet, since I had a lot of nausea in the first trimester and my appetite was pretty low. Thankfully, it's picked up significantly. I definitely wasn't denying myself before, or anything, but I was trying to make healthy choices in what I was eating. Now I think I'm going to treat myself to a bunch of ice cream! It's a good source of calcium anyway!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay, all of this is so wonderful!! Btw.. shrimp tacos sound so amazing right now.. I am jealous for sure! You look great Courtney!