Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving

Last year at Thanksgiving, I was anxiously awaiting Nick coming home. I had originally thought that he'd be home by Thanksgiving. It turned out to be awesome, nonetheless, as I was able to spend the day with a brand new friend. And, Nick came home about a week later, yay!

Anyway, this year's Thanksgiving was fantastic! We were able to go spend the holiday with our surrogate "Southern family" in Alabama. Their son is one of Nick's good friends from college, and is currently in Afghanistan. Unfortunately, they recently had a death in the family, but I think we were a good distraction from that and their son being deployed. It was so nice to just have a relaxing couple days, watch some football (woo, Auburn!) and eat some delicious fried turkey and fixins'. I totally neglected my camera (sorry M!), but hopefully we'll be hanging out with them again soon, especially since their son comes home for R&R in January.

Also, my sister, Whitney happened to be in Alabama as well visiting her new boyfriend's family. So, we got to meet him, which was long overdue since they've been dating for a few months now. Whitney also brought us these absolutely adorable shoes for Baby D:

Cuteness overload!!!


Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving too!


No comments: