Monday, November 15, 2010

4-Day Weekend

Nick had a 4-day weekend this past weekend, and it was marvelous. We really didn't do a whole lot, but I think that was what was so nice about it.

One of the fun things we did do was go shopping for and pack boxes for Operation Christmas Child. This is something we've done the past couple years, and I know I really enjoy putting together a gift for a kid in a 3rd world country who might not otherwise get anything for Christmas.

We also went to a really awesome worship night at our church. It was nice to have the lights turned low and just focus on singing. And the baby apparently really liked it too. It was moving and dancing a lot! Then, it did it again on Sunday during worship too. I think it's ears are definitely developed. It likes to squirm a bit when the dogs are barking too. I think it's just practicing all it's tricks for when my parents come to visit this weekend, YAY! It knows it'll have to perform for it's grandparents!

I've found myself thinking a lot lately about what Baby D is going to look like. I can pretty much guarantee that it will be very blond with blue or hazel eyes, since that's what Nick & I looked like as babies, but, you never know. Otherwise though, I guess we'll have to wait until it comes out to find out! I think we'll get a little taste at the next ultrasound. It looks like you can see a lot! Although we'll be praying it won't reveal too much.

I'm officially 4 months pregnant tomorrow. Which seems totally crazy. A lot of people said pregnancy would go fast, and I didn't believe them because the beginning seemed so slow. But, now we have a little avocado-sized baby who is moving and kicking like crazy and is just going to keep growing and growing. I'm trying to enjoy every second, and I know Nick is too.

The baby has been fairly cooperative still, although apparently it really doesn't like peanuts. I'm just going to avoid those from now on though. I'm still feeling pretty good, definitely better than 1st trimester at least, although I have been pretty dizzy lately and have to sit down a lot. Supposedly my blood pressure drops pretty significantly until the 20th week though, so that would explain it.

Belly pictures to come tomorrow!


No comments: