When it wasn't any better today, I decided to take him to the vet, especially since it's a long weekend. It wasn't anything serious, but he definitely did a number on his paw. He actually had to be sedated for the exam because he would freak out every time the vet tried to look at it. They think there might have been something stuck in there, but there wasn't any sign of it now. It was just all raw and irritated. Poor baby. So now he has a really sweet green cast (that I can take off on Sunday):


He hasn't really left his crate since we got home and won't eat his food or pieces of hot dog with pills in them (pain and antibiotic). Hmmmm. I'm not sure if its just the sedative wearing off or what. Poor baby.
Then there's Scout. I was so focused on Rufus during our walk today (he was a slowpoke) that I forgot to avoid the dead, smushed frog on one of the driveways on our route. Well, Scout decided to eat it, and I definitely wasn't about to attempt to take it out of his mouth! So, he ended up puking like 3 times today, although he seems to be good now. But, I have 2 pathetic, lethargic dogs. It's a good thing I love those boys...although I definitely appreciate how fortunate we have been with vet visits.
The rest of today was pretty good. We had Field Day at school and I got to run the "Crab Walk Relay" station. The kids seemed to have a lot of fun with it and it wasn't too hot, which was good! I also ended up getting in the dunking booth at the end of the day because it sounded like fun, and I had been outside all day. Those kids were good shots and dunked me at least 10 times! It was really fun though and I'm glad I did it. And you should have heard the excited screaming when I climbed up into the booth. So fun!
Crossing my fingers that my boys feel better soon!!!



3 comments:
Hope your pups get better soon. Today was ROUGH! 9 days left. :)
Aww, poor little guys! Before you mentioned the cast I wondered if they were going to put the bowl around his neck for the chewing. I'm glad he won't have to wear that!
Hope the guys feel better soon! Love the little green bootie!
Post a Comment