I am officially a crazy dog lady though. Yesterday I went to check the mail and found a dog just wandering down my street. It had a collar on but no tags. It came right up to me and was super cute and friendly, so I brought it into my backyard. I ended up calling Animal Control, but apparently 6pm on a Saturday was too late for them, so they suggested I either let the dog go, or keep it until today. Um, why would I let it go?! I couldn't believe they would even suggest that! If I took the time to pick up the dog in the first place, doesn't that imply that I don't really want it roaming around the neighborhood? Crazy!
Anyway, I ended up putting it in the garage in a spare crate I have. I'm going to try calling Animal Control after they open at noon today. I feel bad for the poor thing though. I've taken it out a few times and fed it, but my boys are a little much for it, so its mostly just been in its crate. We're having thunderstorms right now too and it keeps whining after the thunder (Again, glad I found it! Poor thing would have been stuck in the rain!). Hopefully Animal Control can pick it up today because I feel bad leaving it in the crate. But there isn't really another option. And who knows what shots and stuff it's had. I also checked craigslist to see if anyone posted it missing, but there wasn't anything. I posted that I'd found it though. Ultimately, I wish I could keep it until I found the owners, but I don't think that's a feasible option. I found another site called spotastray.com (how have I never heard of this?) and it just about broke my heart. I posted it on there too. Crossing my fingers that I get this poor dog back to its owners!
1 comment:
Aw, I hope the dog gets back to it's owner! That was such a really nice thing to do by taking it in. You wouldn't believe the amount of people who would have just let it go! It's a sad sad world....
Post a Comment