Wednesday, February 10, 2010

3 Dogs?

Today as I was walking the dogs, I saw a dog wandering around the neighborhood. Unfortunately, this isn't really anything new in our neighborhood. She was really sweet though and came right up to me. Thankfully, she had tags and I was able to get ahold of her owner. He was a soldier doing training out in the field though, and had no way of picking her up himself.

So, being the crazy dog lady that I am, I brought her home with me. I couldn't just leave her wandering in the streets and animal control doesn't open until 11am in our town (lovely, huh?). Rufus totally loved her and they played and played. Scout was a little barky and treated her a little too much like his girfriend though. It was definitely an interesting couple of hours with 3 dogs running around! Thankfully, the owner was able to have a friend come pick her up. And now my boys are all tuckered out! Ah, peace and quiet!

If I ever had the desire to have 3 dogs at once, I definitely am over that now! At one point recently, I even thought we could foster a dog from the local animal shelter since they recently had a fire and their heat isn't totally working. Thankfully, Nick talked me out of it, and I'm very glad about that now! I love my boys, but 2 dogs are quite enough for me!


1 comment:

corkyshell said...

I tried three dogs one time, CHAOS! I think I learned my lesson too!