Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentines Day

Hope everyone had an awesome Valentine's Day! We had a pretty eventful morning before church. When we took the dogs on their morning walk, we saw 3 more dogs wandering around the neighborhood! One was even hiding behind Nick's truck in the driveway & ran out right in front of us. So, we went on our walk & then came home to get ready for church.

We went to hop in the car to go & the same crazy dog ran right up to us, desperate for attention (poor baby). We got in the car & pulled out of the driveway & it proceeded to run right in front of the car...repeatedly. We couldn't get more than a foot down the street without it sitting in front of our car. We knocked on one of our neighbor's doors, thinking it might belong there, but unfortunately it didn't. So, we decided to throw it in our backyard, just so that we could get to church, and would deal with it when we got home. Well, after church & lunch, we found a little hole under our back gate and actually in the gate itself. And the dog was nowhere to be found.

Honestly, this being the fifth dog we saw wandering around the neighborhood this week (and the second that we brought home), it was kind of a relief not to have to worry about finding a place for it (since I could almost guarantee Animal Control would not be open over President's Day weekend). But, I hope the poor thing is ok! I definitely worry about it being hit by a car since we almost hit it multiple times ourselves.

Thankfully, the rest of the day was pretty uneventful! We went to lunch with some friends, relaxed and watched some Olympics, and ate some yummy steak for dinner. We also exchanged a few little gifts- I gave Nick an awesome Animal (the Muppet) antenna ball, and a CD he wanted & he gave me a subscription to Real Simple (yay!) and some sweet new slip-on Converse. So fun!

Neither of us are really looking forward to Nick's 4-day work week this week, ha ha. It's sad that 4 days seems like a long week! We are definitely getting spoiled by all this time off, although I think we're making the most of it. I wish the weather would get nicer so we could enjoy more of it outside though!


1 comment:

KLutz said...

There are SO many dogs wandering around our neighborhood too. I won't walk our dogs in my neighborhood because I can't guarantee that all those dogs are friendly. A pit bull lives across the street and gets out all the time. Luckily, it usually runs out the front door, so the owners are aware and get it back in pretty quickly.

There is a little white dog that is always out too. It looks like a Maltese and it wears a blue snuggie, hahahahha.

I usually try to get a look at the dog's collar and call their owners. I know that's what I would want someone to do if they saw one of my dogs. But most of them run away from me. I'm glad you're being so nice and looking after the dogs in your neighborhood too!