Saturday, February 27, 2010

Go, Go, Go

As much as I love the fact that Nick has so much time off recently, it has been really tough trying to be productive on the 3-4 days a week that he actually does have work. I definitely got a little bit overwhelmed this week with all that I had to do and I had to repeat this verse to myself a few times this week:
"Be still, and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Thankfully, it has been a gloriously unproductive weekend long weekend so far! I don't even remember what we did yesterday. And today, our only plans consisted of going to a local vineyard for some wine tasting. We even packed a little picnic for lunch. It was an absolutely gorgeous day (shocking, considering it was just SNOWING!) and it was wonderful to just sit and relax and drink some tasty wine. Good times.

Oh, and we may or may not go camping tomorrow night through Monday. We were going to go yesterday, but it was craaaaazy windy, so we're pretty glad we decided against that. Hopefully it'll work out. We're trying to take advantage of the remaining time off Nick has, and the gorgeous weather lately.

Not too much else to report. Nick & I both memorized Matthew 11:28-30 last week:

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble at heart and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.

I just wrote that from memory, woohoo! This week, we chose to memorize Psalm 23- the verse that starts out "The Lord is my shepherd". So far so good.


2 comments:

corkyshell said...

I totally feel you on the being unproductive with the hubby around. Sounds like a pretty good week and camping sounds fun!

Anonymous said...

Hi Courtney! Which vineyard did you go to? Dan and I were just talking about wanting to do that!