We were supposed to have a third worker today, a teen helper that we've used before. But, she has been really unreliable lately. And by that, I mean she doesn't show up or let us know when she can't come. I've tried getting ahold of her the night before to remind her, and communicate to her how much we need her help, but to no avail. I'm really hoping we can find someone else to take her place. We had 13 kids today & with all the clingers, it was waaay too many for only 2 of us to handle. All of the moms are really sympathetic and keep offering to help, but I would really hate to take that time away from them.
Oh, and although I had a voice this morning, it's completely gone now. It held out alright while I was reading the kids books and stuff, but I pretty much make a squeaky noise now when I try to talk. I feel totally fine (fine enough to work out today, yay! I was feeling like such a lump), so I'm thinking it's allergy related. I had very similar symptoms last year around this time, and of course, I was in between refills on my allergy meds.
I'm not really grumbly about all this. I'm more just kind of amused/rolling my eyes at all the little things. At least I can laugh at all the chaos, which also included spilling marinade all over the floor as I was putting a brisket in the fridge, and dropping the package of eggs I just bought (thankfully only 2 broke). All is good, just ridiculous. But alas, that is my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment