Thursday, February 4, 2010

Out of Practice

I feel so out of blog practice since I was sick this week. I didn't originally think much happened this week, but now I'm realizing it was pretty eventful!

One thing I'm really excited about is that Nick & I helped in the nursery at church on Sunday. We had fun playing with the 2 & 3 year olds and one boy totally bonded with Nick. It was really cute. We're now on the normal rotation with the 2 year olds, so that will be an exciting/fun experience once a month.

We also had a potluck with our young married's group at church. It was nice getting to know people past Sunday mornings and being able to have some good fellowship. They're hoping to do more events each month and we're thinking about starting to attend a small group/bible study with most of them.

Nick got his stuff back from Iraq a few weeks ago and just started unpacking this week. All of his stuff pretty much took over the house for a few days, but he's been really good about getting it put away. And he's kind of reorganizing in the process, which is always nice! As a result though, I had to get a whole bunch of storage stuff for our house, which I was all too happy to do! I love Target and Bed Bath & Beyond and we're starting to get so organized!

We also had a fun day this week when Nick went to work at 6am...and came back at 6am the next day. Since he's a supply officer, he is one of the ones in charge of getting all the stuff back from Iraq. And, unfortunately, one of the companies was missing stuff. So, Nick had a lot of work to do. It was obviously a bit frustrating, but I was more frustrated for Nick just because it was a long day with a lot of work.

But now we're on another 4 day weekend, woohoo! Thank goodness for those. It should be a pretty busy one, with a Pat Green concert and the battalion ball tonight. I'll try to take lots of pictures!


No comments: