I took Nick to a new Mexican restaurant that Alice introduced me to. I think it's officially our new favorite Mexican restaurant! Mmm. So good! My mouth is watering just thinking about it, and we've already had dinner. Then, we went to a local park and ended up kayaking around the river for 2 hours. It was really fun, although my biceps are a little sore today. It was so relaxing and wonderful though, especially since it's been so hot out! Then afterwards, we took a little dip in the river, which is fed by the spring Alice & I went to. Oh, and I looked it up, and apparently the spring averages about 68 degrees year-round! Ya, I knew it felt FREEZING! Quite a contrast when it's about 100+ outside.
We also had our last Sunday in the nursery today. Kind of weird and sad, but it was really fun, as usual. I think it's even weirder to think that we only have a few more weeks at our church. Anyway though, we (and 2 other adults) had about 15 three year olds and thoroughly enjoyed playing with play-doh, eating snack, singing Bible songs and just playing. Hopefully we'll be able to pick back up with working in the nursery in Georgia.
Nick's friend Mike is coming tomorrow for a few days. We have lots of hanging out, and eating good food planned, as well as a minor league baseball game. Nick shouldn't have to work too much, thankfully, although he's not officially out-processing yet. Should be a fun week ahead!
1 comment:
Mexican and kayaking? Sounds like a fabulous day.
I have only ever been to San Antonio (road trip during college went through Texas) and have always wanted to go back to see Austin!
Post a Comment