Friday, August 20, 2010

Ready For the Weekend!

Things seem to be getting busier and busier as we gear up for this move. Unfortunately, that means we haven't gotten all that much accomplished yet as far as the move goes. We still have time, but, like I've mentioned before, I'm ready to check some of the major items off the list. We'll get there. Needless to say, Nick and I are both ready for the weekend! I realized though, that I have severely neglected my blog this week in the busyness.

Nick absolutely loved his cooking class on Sunday! His favorite part was the venison, which was so delicious, he is ready to "go kill some deer". Sounds good to me! And luckily, there are plenty to hunt in Georgia. Hopefully, he'll have a bit more success than he did with turkeys. I got to eat the yummy peach & berry cobbler & a peach salad that he made. Mmmmm!

I also ended up going back to Austin on Tuesday (because I haven't been there enough recently, ha ha) to hang out with the lovely Alice. We ended up eating some Mexican food for lunch and going swimming at a local spring that is 70 degrees year-round. Oh my goodness, 70 has never felt so cold in my life! It took us like 20 minutes to actually get in the water and then we had to keep swimming to keep warm. It was pretty amusing! But, when it's 100 out, the contrast is CRAZY. It felt better later on in the day (we originally got there at about 10:30am) and we did end up getting used to it. It was a crazy feeling though. The weirdest part was when we'd stick our hands out of the water & the outside air felt like a sauna.

Next week, one of Nick's buddies from college is coming to visit! We haven't seen him since our wedding, and he just got back from Iraq. Pretty exciting! Then, I think we'll hopefully get things moving with this move. Fingers crossed!


No comments: