At the bottom, they put a battalion pin, Nick's rank and a plaque with his name, how long he was in the unit & what his responsibilities were (I cut it out of the picture). Pretty cool! I can't wait to hang it up...although that won't be until we get wherever we're going after Georgia.
Anyway, the actual Hail & Farewell was interesting. It was weird because most of the people we knew well from the unit are already gone. So, although it was a big deal for us, I don't know that it was a big deal for many other people, ha ha. It is definitely time to go though. We've been in this unit for 2.5 years, and it's so completely different than when we got here. We're ready for something just completely new and different. So it's definitely an exciting time for us and we're excited to get going already.
Nick's replacement took over yesterday, woohoo! We can finally start getting the big stuff done for the move. Only about 3.5 more weeks!
2 comments:
I will (hopefully) be experiencing the same thing soon. My husbands replacement starts training next week! If everything goes as planned we will be leaving in 2 months. In Japan the big thing to do when you leave (well, for the ladies at least) is to buy (or get as a gift) a Sayonara doll which has a scroll for people to sign and leave goodbye messages. Someone told me once that they got theirs almost as soon as they got here and I am wishing I would have done the same. Pretty much everyone who was here when we got here is gone and even friends who got here after us are gone. A unit does change a lot in 2.5 years!
Good luck at your next post! And I hope everything goes well with the move, renting the house, etc.
Most of the people we knew were already gone too. And we just hung up his colors yesterday!
Post a Comment