Saturday, February 7, 2009

Crazy Little Rufus...

So last night I went & got my haircut and knew I wasn't going to be gone long, so I left Rufus out of his crate. He's been out before, for like a maximum of 4 hours, so I thought we'd be good. I made sure to "puppy-proof", as Nick calls it, before I left. I was gone all of an hour & 1/2 and when I came back, he had pooped on the carpet, chewed on a couple of shoes and ripped up a basket. He is such a little booger, I swear!

I'm actually not all that upset about it. He didn't destroy anything valuable or anything. Its annoying though. It wasn't too fun walking in to a complete mess, but it didn't take me long to clean up & that was that. I'm definitely not planning on leaving him out again anytime soon though. Its just frustrating because one day he'll be a little angel, and the next, he attacks everything in the house. He's totally crate-trained and actually likes it in there, so I'm just going to put him in there everytime I leave. He obviously can't be trusted out in the house like Scout can. Maybe I'll try again in a few months...or years, ha ha. I guess there's a reason his nickname is "Rufus the Destroyer". I'm just glad we crate-trained him from the start!

Oh, and I also realized when I came home that I had left the hose on. I was watering our tree in the backyard, and apparently when I tried to turn it off, I turned it all the way up. Oops! So there were some nice mud puddles in the backyard. This cold is getting to my brain!!!


2 comments:

R.A.B. said...

I did that TWICE while filling the dogs pool when Avery was gone. :( Oops. My water bill wasn't any higher though!!!

e said...

ugh, my dogs are so fresh if we leave and don't crate them. It's like they get mad at us for leaving.