I know fibromyalgia kind of controversial right now because some people don't think its a real ailment, but I have been diagnosed with it, and I am definitely not a hypochondriac. Even when its under control, I'm tired all day long and my muscles can get sore from just sleeping funny. Its really fun, believe me. And I'm 22! I'd kill to have my body react "normally" to everything.
Sometimes its really frustrating because I can't push through it and just keep going. If I'm really tired, I have to go to sleep. If my muscles are achy, I just have to rest. Pushing through it just makes it worse. I have to have 8 hours of sleep a night so that I can function throughout the day. I can't actively work out without feeling it for the next 3 days. And sometimes my body just completely freaks out and I have debilitating migraines or my muscles are so sore I don't even want to move.
Thankfully though, like I said, those instances are pretty rare. But its kind of scary thinking that one day when I have kids, there will be times where I'm going to feel completely awful and I'm probably just going to have to suck it up until it gets so worse and I'm forced to rest. Good times.
So, I'm taking it a little bit easier and giving my body a break. I've also been kind of a crazy person trying to cross things off of my to-do list so I could stay busy. I was unnecissarily productive on Saturday, ha ha. These aren't really things that need to be done, I was just doing them so I had something to do. After working 40 hours a week, I need to treat myself to more breaks and more time relaxing!!!
4 comments:
Oh wow, I had no idea you had fibromyalgia. Take care of yourself and don't overdo it!!
Take care of yourself. Keeping in shape might help, but overdoing it can take you backwards instead of forwards.
I need to get this darn system... I just got a DVD workout thing, better actually use it soon
Someone who knows my pain! I was also diagnosed with fibromyalgia not too long ago, but ive had it for a long time, and im only 22 (yeah i know, i get the...but youre too young to have that look/comment too)...
It is no joke at all, I have a two year old...AND they have yet to find a med that will react in ANY form of way...they wont increse any of them anymore in fear of killing me...so the dr's advice..."suck it up missy" haha...But i can surely say, id rather give birth ten times over everyday than have this kinda pain!
If you dont mind me asking, what have they given u to help? maybe its somethin i havent tried and will have to give a try!
SLOW DOWN, girl. Let me know if there's any chores that Avery and I can help out with. :)
Post a Comment