Monday, February 23, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me! :)

So Saturday was my birthday, and my parents flew in Friday night just for my birthday! The dogs thoroughly enjoyed the guests and it was fun showing my parents the house since they hadn't been here since last year, almost exactly at this time. It was definitely new having people in the house with me, if even for a few nights.

Anyway, my parents also took me to San Antonio for the weekend! It was really fun! We went to the Alamo, the Riverwalk, got massages (ahhhhh!). Here are some pictures, although I'll have to steal some more from my parents:

The Alamo (well actually the mission part of the fortress)

My mom & I

The rents

And we ate dinner at the Chart House (mmm, fish!) in what was called the Tower of the Americas (780 feet up!!!), with gorgeous views of the city:

Looking up at the Tower of America

The gorgeous views!

My mom & I at dinner

I think my parents really liked San Antonio (although who wouldn't!).

I can't believe I'm 23 already! I've been saying I'm "almost 23" for awhile (I'm by far a youngin at work), but its still weird. I got lots of great phone calls for my birthday and some very awesome gifts as well! I'll definitely have to get some thank you notes out.

So now I'm back in the groove. It was a little rough having to go get to work again this morning. And my allergies are definitely acting up a bit, so my voice is kind of going away. But, I went to the doctor today & I think I have some good meds now. I had to wait at the pharmacy for an hour though and then immidiately went to pick up the dogs from the kennel. So I'm a little tired. I'm anxious to get back into my groove because I kind of feel like I'm survival mode again. I'll probably be good tomorrow. And my sister gave me a wonderful book for my birthday though about getting organized, so I'm excited to read that.

Alright, time to get ready for bed.


3 comments:

Dan said...

Such an awesome birthday weekend Court! Thanks for sharing it with us! Love ya!
Dad

Herding Chaos said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend, so nice of your parents to come visit you!

e said...

happy belated birthday!!

gosh you look exactly like your mom!