It's just going to be rough transitioning back to my other "normal" and its definitely going to take me a few days to get back into a routine. I am very glad I don't have to wake up early and go back to work tomorrow. But, it's hard not necessarily having all that much to keep me consistently busy. Although I definitely don't really feel like doing much at all today, and I'm glad I don't have to. So far, I've just done a few chores, watched TV & snuggled with the dogs. Oh so exciting.
Thankfully though, I start my new job this week! I volunteered to help with childcare at our church for the weekly women's bible study, and then found out it was a paying position. So, I said I'd do it, and then they recently offered me a coordinator position! So I have a meeting tomorrow, and then start work on Thursday. It's only once a week, but I'm excited for something consistent. It's really nice too because it's crazy close (our church is literally around the corner) and the timing works out because it'll end right before Thanksgiving (and Nick should be home sometime around then). So that'll help keep me busy somewhat.
But anyway, overall I'm doing alright. The prospect of 75 or less days really isn't that bad, especially after already going through almost 10 months. I just really liked having my best friend around.
Speaking of, I'm also pretty bummed because I just found out my "battle buddy", Alice, is going home to Tennessee for the next few months. I was kind of counting on hanging out with Alice to get me through the next few months. And, we won't be having our bible study while she's gone, although I at least have the battalion one. I have other friends, but Alice is the one I hang out with more often than not, so I wasn't very excited to hear that. I guess I have to be more creative with finding stuff to keep myself busy and I'm praying that the next few months go by quickly.
I'll write about R&R soon, with pictures.
4 comments:
I can't wait to hear about your 2 weeks! I'm glad you had an amazing time! Hang in there. He'll be home soon.
Oh sweetie what a bummer to have Nick have to go after I know you had such a great time being with him while he was on R & R. :( Thinking about you and hang in there. We're all hoping and praying that he'll be home really soon!!
I'm excited though about your new paid job at church!!Wahoo! God provides!!
Kisses, Mom
I can't wait to hear about your time and see the pictures! Keep your chin up -- it's not too much longer!
Hopefully the next few months will go by quickly. Congrats on your job! It's kinda funny because one of my friends told me that she found a job that I might like, I think it's the same one! She said it was for a women's bible study once a week. Hahaha!
Post a Comment