Friday, January 22, 2010

Back to Work

So I had my first day back at work yesterday. Despite one of the teen helpers not showing up (lovely), it went really well, considering there were only 2 of us working. Obviously it would have been a lot smoother with another set of hands, but the kids were really good. There were no major crises or time outs, which is always a good day. It was a good mix of new kids and old kids too. It's amazing how much they've grown in the 2 months since I last saw them!

There was one pretty funny moment when I took 3 kids to go potty though. One of the 3 year old boys (shocking) stripped down completely below the waist- including his shoes- and ended up making a huge mess in the bathroom. Good times. I somehow managed to get his pull-up back on, get all 3 kids to wash their hands, and make it back to the daycare room. Phew! Then, of course I helped him put his pants and shoes back on. Training for kids much?

And can I just say how excited I am that it is the weekend?! Nick and I were asleep by 10pm last night, we were so exhausted. Yay for sleeping in tomorrow!


No comments: