Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Calling Part 2

For those of you who receive my blog by E-mail, sorry about that last post (with the same title). I prematurely pressed enter...before I even wrote anything.

Anyway, to follow up to my post yesterday, and mostly address the "calling" part, I think the part time job I have right now at church is absolutely from God. And, because I was able to quit my previous job, I have the time and ability to do it. For those of you who don't know, I work once a week doing childcare for a women's bible study at my church. I initially applied for the job thinking it was a volunteer position, and then wound up getting the *paid* supervisor position. Works for me!

Not only is it fabulous because it's around the corner and paid, I know I'm helping women with children get some quality, uninterrupted time learning about Jesus and spending time in fellowship with other believing women. Not too shabby. And obviously, I would never have had that opportunity if I was still working, as it is during the morning on Thursdays. Granted, I am getting paid, but I would've done it either way. And it's great to have yet another opportunity to do something for other people.

Oh, and as a result of not working, I'm also able to volunteer in my friend Rachel's classroom once a week when she doesn't have an aide in her room. Because I know I wouldn't want to be alone in a room with 15 Pre-K kids.


2 comments:

R.A.B. said...

I so HEART you. :)

Julie Danielle said...

What a great job! I know I love having quality childcare at my Bible studies :)