My friend Alice & her husband came over the night before for some chili & Wii. They hadn't played Mario Kart before, which definitely made things interesting and fun. Then, yesterday started out with church in the morning, which was great, as usual. Then, the fog lifted (literally), and it ended up being a gorgeous 70 degrees! I can't even tell you the last time it was 70 degrees here. And did I mention it's supposed to snow tomorrow? I guess that's Texas for you!
Anyway, Nick and I took advantage of the nice weather and ate our lunch in the backyard. Then, I opened presents and we watched Up, which totally made me laugh and cry, as usual. It was such a nice, relaxing day and I wouldn't have wanted my birthday any other way. It was especially nice considering how busy last week was. My love language is quality time though, so just having a whole day to relax and hang out with Nick without chores or distractions was amazing.
All of the birthday phone calls and well-wishes from friends and family made me feel really loved and blessed as well. Although, I'm glad my mom didn't proceed with her idea to call me every hour on the hour for my birthday (since I turned 24), ha ha. My niece and nephews were also extremely generous with their well wishes. I got the cutest voicemail message where they sang to me, as well as 2 adorable videos. One of the videos was of my 8 month old nephew cooing and "talking" to me, and the other was my 4 year old nephew singing "Oh Where Is My Hairbrush?" from Veggie Tales, and saying he hoped I'd find my hairbrush, ha ha. SO CUTE!!! Just thinking about those videos makes me smile. Thanks for sending them to me Hill!
Nick and I also went out to dinner at a restaurant on one of the local lakes. We made it just in time for sunset, although we ended up sitting inside because it was realllly windy! It was an absolutely delicious meal though. I even got a free brownie for my birthday, although the manager decided to tell the entire restaurant it was my 18th birthday for some reason...hmm, just 6 years off. Don't know what that was about, but it was pretty funny.
I'm anticipating this will be a pretty good year. It's already off to a great start!
3 comments:
I'm glad you had a good birthday : )
Happy Birthday, I'm glad you had a good one!
Happy Birthday! I'm glad you had a wonderful Birthday!
Post a Comment