
I'm pretty proud of myself that I did it all by myself. I even used power tools! Oh yes, I'm awesome. I still have to decide what I want to put in the planters that are on either side. The only issue is that I don't want anything that will grow too tall, as the bench is currently under our little porch roof. Oh and apparently I have to sand & stain the bench, which I think is kind of weird (shouldn't it be already outdoor-proof?). At least I already have stain from our porch. I still have to build the table that we got and I'm waiting to see if the matching chairs go on sale.
Pretty productive day though! I crossed off 4 things from my to-do list! I've also gotten a few more calls about the truck. I thought I was maybe going to do some test-drives today, but they didn't happen. I'm glad there's been so much interest though. Maybe it'll get sold soon!
I think I'm gonna try to relax the rest of the weekend. I've been pretty tired lately. I have been falling asleep by like 9:30, which is totally crazy. I feel like an old person. Maybe its all this extra exercise I've been getting...although isn't exercise supposed to give you energy? Oh well.
I chatted online with Nick for a long time today. It was nice to have a normal, goofy conversation with him. It makes me wish he was back home already though. He had to help out with the Iraqi elections in his area and he said they went really well and it was "boring" (boring in Iraq is always good!). I'm hoping things continue on this "boring" route.
I got a new camera, and I realized I still had pictures on my card from St. Thomas, so I'll have to put those up soon. Oh, also I was originally thinking that my deployment goals would go on a monthly basis (January, February, etc), but I think it might be easier if they go on a deployment month basis (one month down, etc). So, I have another 2 weeks to make a new recipe and all that jazz, woohoo! I'll probably get most of the goals done soon anyway, but I was kind of scrambling this past week and I realized I don't really have to be.
2 comments:
Oh WOW! I am impressed with your furniture making ability!! Very proud of you sweetie!
Wow! Very impressive! Maybe you can build me some patio furniture too! haha!
Post a Comment