On Saturday, I was realllly unmotivated and managed to stay in my PJs until 2pm....and took a 2 hour nap. It was really nice to have the chance to just relax and spend times with the pups. I can't help but feel guilty about leaving them all day while I'm at work. So its nice to get to spend some time with them. And there's nothing wrong with a lazy day every once in awhile.
On Sunday, I attempted to wake up early for the sunrise Easter service at my church, but there was a MASSIVE thunderstorm. It was actually kind of cool though. I couldn't help but think about the Resurrection with the loud noises coming from the sky. But anyway, since the sunrise service wasn't going to be outside anyway, I went back to bed until the next service. I helped take care of the 1 year olds, who were really cute in their Easter attire. One kid even had a tie on! Adorable! They were all really good too. We had a couple cry for a few minutes, but they got over it pretty quick.
Then, I went to the next service, which was great, and was then invited to a friend's house for an Easter brunch. It was all Army wives (some from my unit), so it was definitely nice comradery. It felt like a real Easter too, since she made ham and we had some good food to eat! And there were a bunch of kids running around getting Easter eggs and stuff. I ended up being there for a few hours and then came home and webcammed with Nick (awesome again!!!).
Then, after a few hours at home, I went back out and went to dinner with a friend from church. Phew! We both didn't really think about the fact that it was Easter, so it was a little bit of a struggle to find a place that was open. We ended up hanging out for 2 hours and had a great time!
Overall, it was a really great weekend. It could only have been better if Nick was around. If only every weekend was a 3 day weekend...
No comments:
Post a Comment