Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Testing

So this week we have been testing. Pretty much for the last 3 days (1 kid had to test on Monday, but the only real difference in the day was that we weren't allowed cell phones in the building). Thank goodness, tomorrow is the last day!!! It hasn't been especially hard, but the days are going by sooooo slowly!!! Its killing me. And usually for the last 5 minutes of the day I pull out my handy dandy iPhone and have something to do. Its been torture having to leave it in my car!!!

Yesterday I helped out in a first grade classroom for half of the day (the teacher I was covering for got done at noon!). It went much better than last time with the Kindergarteners, but my principal stopped by the room TWICE to "check in". Didn't really make me feel too good about my teaching skills, but apparently she did it to everyone else in first grade, so I don't feel as bad. But seriously, my class was being pretty good, so I don't know what that was all about. But, there is a reason I'm not a sub anymore, or a teacher for that matter, so whatever.

I spent the rest of the day in Pre-K, which was pretty fun. They had a bunch of quail eggs hatch recently, so I spent a lot of time just watching the cute little quail chicks! I even held one!!!

Today was good too. I actually got to spend the whole day with the 4 5th grade classes (who I never see anymore!!!). There were 2 teachers there running the show, so I just kind of helped out where needed. I actually ended up playing geology bingo with the kids like alll day (they have a Science test tomorrow), but they were really into it, so it was fun. I'm definitely ready to get back to the routine tomorrow though. Hopefully it will make the day go by much more quickly!!!

We're almost to May, woohoo!!!


1 comment:

R.A.B. said...

SO glad when this week is over. It's been torture. At least I've gotten to wear sweats and tennis shoes to work though!