Friday, April 24, 2009

Yay for Fridays

My grandmother pointed out to me that I didn't post on my blog all week. So I thought it was due time to update. This week was a weird mix of boring and busy. I guess I was just busy with boring stuff, ha ha. Honestly though, it seemed like the weekend would never get here. Not too much to update on the work front. Next week is 3 days of TAKS (Texas Assessment of Knowledge and Skills) testing, but thankfully I lucked out and am assigned to cover a really good 1st grade class one day and help out with Pre-K for another. Sounds pretty good to me! Also, my friend Meghan from work had a baby shower yesterday, which was pretty fun. She's one of the few people at work that is close to my age (I'm actually 3 months older, shocking!), so we bonded pretty quickly. And she's an Army wife, so that helps too. Although her husband is coming home in 2 weeks!!! I'm waaaay jealous! Otherwise, we've had a bunch of sick kids. Yuck.

Also, yesterday was Nick and my 6 year dating anniversary!!! WOO! I can't believe we started dating 6 years ago. That seems like an eternity! I got some gorgeous flowers (picture soon, I promise!) and am still waiting on another present to arrive. He, of course, got the DVD set of "The War" and was waaaay excited about it. Ya, I know my military history major husband too well. Anyway, in honor of our anniversary, here is a picture of us from prom a few weeks after we started dating:

May 17, 2003 (also the day my sister got married!)

Yes, we were babies! Maybe someday I'll write about how we met/started dating. It is a long story that involves a trip to Mexico and a pipe bursting. But right now, I have a headache (darn germy kids!). I just had to fulfill my grandmother's request for an update! I promise, I'll update more this weekend, although it is set to be pretty busy!!!


1 comment:

R.A.B. said...

It cracks me up that your grandmother reads your blog. Hope you start feeling better. I'm exhausted and can't even imagine how bad next week will be. ICK. Looking forward to our movie date!