But anyway, this week has been so drastically different than last week. Ya, there were some rocky moments this week, but I think my attitude toward them was completely different. Last week, I was just overcome by everything and really felt burdened and frustrated. Last week seems like so long ago. This week, I was able to laugh when my dogs escaped not once, but TWICE into my neighbors' yards. As much as last week sucked, I feel like I needed to go through that to just trust that God is in control. It made me so much more confident that I can get through this deployment (with God's help, of course). My focus is so much more on the day-to-day now instead of how many more months I need to get through until Nick's home. So that's good.
Well, it should be a fun, busy weekend. I'm trying to get most of my chores done because I'm going to a plant festival with one friend today and then possibly rock climbing with another friend after church tomorrow!
2 comments:
Sounds like you are doing well despite all of the craziness!! Day by day is really the best approach. Counting down or looking at the big picture is depressing and totally overwhelming most days for me.
You're doing so well!!! Keep it up. If you ever need a friend to drag along to the movies or whatever, let me know! My hubby likes having his guy time without me.
Post a Comment