Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Again?!

So I was watching TV & eating dinner and all of a sudden the doorbell rings. And then it rings again and again. I usually ignore the doorbell since its usually solicitors. But, it kept ringing, so it made me realize that the dogs were mysteriously quiet outside. So I walk out & see them through the fence in the neighbor's yard!!! So I answer to door & my neighbor says he has them in his backyard. I ran out with him apologizing the whole way and dragged my boys back in my house. Thankfully, my neighbor was really nice about it. And I can hear him fixing the fence now. I swear though, my boys are giving me a run for my money!!! All I can do is laugh. At least I know the fence is getting stronger!

Also, today I took the dogs for a walk, as usual. I got about 90% through my walk on my normal route when all of a sudden, a little dog runs across the street towards us. It followed us for a few minutes, all the while I'm dragging 2 dogs (equaling about 100 pounds) down the sidewalk trying to get away. This dumb dog obviously didn't get the hint from Scout's ridiculous barking that we did not want to play. If I hadn't had both hands occupied, I probably would've sprayed this dog with my dog pepper spray. And, of course, there was no human in sight! I don't know what it is about my area, but people just let their dogs go willy-nilly without supervision. It drives me nuts!!! Here I am, being responsible and trying to control my two dogs and there's this wild card other dog that could attack (not really in this case as both my dogs were bigger, but it could be a pit bull or something!) or who knows what! And all because this person thought they'd just let their dog roam wild. Ahhh, it drives me absolutely nuts!!! I'm hoping its just a problem in my neighborhood or town and I won't have to worry about it in the next place the Army sends us.


No comments: