Thursday, April 16, 2009

Slow Week

Man, I wish it was Friday. This week just seems to be dragging by. Maybe its because I was spoiled last week having Friday off. But man, I'm just done. I was not really feeling going to work this morning either. One more day until the weekend, yay!

My patience was a little thin too. Not with the kids, moreso with the adults. Twice this week, I have had to wait on people to come relieve me from cafeteria duty so I can go eat my lunch. TWICE! Its really starting to drive me crazy!

The way my schedule is, the only real break I have is my 30 minutes for lunch, and I'm usually starving. And my lovely husband can tell you, you don't mess with Courtney when you're hungry. I just feel so disrespected. The people I'm waiting on are coming from their lunch and apparently have no problem taking an extra five minutes. Meanwhile, I'm forced to wait for them because we don't have enough people in the cafeteria and outside for lunch. Now, I'm not saying I'm always exactly on time, but if I am relieving someone, I make it a point to get there on time. Its just frustrating.

I think I'm just having a grumbly day. It doesn't help that Rufus proceeded to chew on my new sunglasses and rip a gaping hole in the new kiddie pool I bought them (LAST Friday! Didn't even last a week!). And Scout really doesn't understand that barking at me incessently really doesn't help my mood. I'm just over it. Probably why I'm ready for it to be the weekend again.

In good news, I got to cover my favorite 5th grade class today for a little while. I never really get to see them anymore now that my schedule is different, so that was fun. And they were wonderful, so that helps too!

Ok, grumbles over. I'm just so glad tomorrow is Friday!!!


2 comments:

d.a.r. said...

I loathe that impatient feeling. It makes me so cranky and all of the little irksome things become huge insurmountable obstacles that make me want to cry. Oh girl, I have been there!! Hope you get a lot of rest this weekend to recharge!

Anonymous said...

I had a 5 day weekend - imagine how bummed I am! LOL, but tomorrow IS FRIDAY! Thanks goodness!