Sunday, April 26, 2009

Nonstop

This feels like it was the non-stop weekend. I was barely home at all yesterday (Saturday). I'm really happy I didn't have much going on today because I would be worn out! I even took a 2 hour nap this afternoon! Phew!

So Friday night I went over to my friend's house and proceeded to hang out until midnight! It was 2 girls from church and we were just having a good time talking and laughing and then the next thing we knew, 4 hours had flown by! They're really cool girls though, I'm really glad I met them. And now we're going to start a bible study!!! Total answer to prayer. I'm really excited about that.

Like I said, Saturday was super crazy. Saturday morning, I finally had Nick's car towed to a mechanic (literally a month after it broke down...procrastination much?). One of Nick's friends was nice enough to come with me too because I really didn't want to get taken advantage of since I'm a girl and don't really know all that much about cars. The mechanics seem legit though, so hopefully we'll get that all sorted out soon and I can get rid of the dang car already!!!

In the afternoon, I hung out at my friend Michelle's house and watched her daughter, Eva for a bit. She always comes and sits on my lap and stuff. Total cutie! It was nice to hang out with Michelle for a bit too because she's moving this summer, nooooooooo! I'm totally bummed. We've been together since August of 2007. But, knowing the Army, we'll see each other again soon!

Finally, last night was another "coffee", which was pretty fun. We had some really tasty sushi and just hung out. This one only lasted until 10pm, which was good because I was obviously exhausted (2 hour nap today) from the night before! I feel like a social butterfly!

I was thinking about it too, and this week was definitely a week where I realized how many awesome people God has blessed my life with. Numerous people contacted me on facebook just to check in. And just knowing there are great people willing to help out or who just care is really great. I feel like I've reached a really stable point in this deployment. I know who I can depend on and I have some great people that I can hang out with.

1 comment:

R.A.B. said...

Sorry we weren't at church. We are dog-sitting 2 dogs, plus ours and our sleep has been inconsistent to say the least. What movie do you want to see this weekend? Can Megan come along if she's free? I'm EXCITED!!!