Thursday, May 7, 2009

Farmer's Tan

Oh man, it has been even more ridiculously hot & humid around here. Like low-90s with 100% humidity. Ew. Yesterday I was outside in the afternoon a bunch and I got a really sweet farmer's tan. My arms and face were already pretty tan, but now, I have some nice lines on my neck, ha ha. Anyway, first I helped 4th grade with some math activities and it was so hot we literally felt like we were all melting. Eventually, we ended up just giving up and going inside because none of us could stand it. Then, I ended up covering for one of the P.E. teachers for about 30 mins (which was also interesting because I was wearing a skirt) in the heat of the day. I definitely drank my fill of water!!! But ya, my farmer's tan is really hot. You can see the exact lines of my shirt from yesterday. I slapped on a little more sunscreen today, so hpefully it didn't get worse. Good times. I'm SO glad I'm going to be spending a good chunk of the summer in California. Because its May and its only going to get hotter from here!!!

In other news, only 20 more school days until the end of the year, woohoo!!! We're on the home stretch! I know the kids are ready for summer, and all the adults are definitely dragging. We've been doing some Mother's Day crafts though, so that has definitely helped mix things up a little. I've been pulled like every which way this week (covering classes), but it's not so bad when it's classes I know. Or I just don't care anymore, ha!

1 comment:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Twenty days till summer break!!! I bet your more than ready! How exciting!!!
You're 20 days matches mine on waiting on R&R!