So, the in-laws proceeded to get a specific estimate and ask a mechanic friend if it seemed legit. Well, it turns out this shop was basically trying to rip me off. By like a few hundred dollars. Awesome. So now I basically have to start all over.
Needless to say, I'm not very happy about the whole situation. I'm just frustrated because this is not my thing and it just seems like its never going to end!!! And basically I just wasted my time last week having it towed, when I should really have just left it in front of my house. But I didn't know that there was a Ford dealership close (I just found out there is one in the town next door). Grumble. I'm just over it.
I'm mad that the mechanic was trying to rip me off, and now I have to go back to the shop to get my car towed somewhere else. Honestly, at this point, I wish I could pay someone to just take this car away. Because once we get it fixed, then I still have to sell it. ARGH! This has been the most frustrating part of the deployment. And it won't end!!!
It was annoying too because I was in a really good mood all day because this week is finally over!!! And this definitely put a damper on things. Thankfully I've since recovered, but grrrr. Wake me up when its fixed and sold...
5 comments:
Oh my goodness that would make me insane!! I hope you get it fixed and taken care of...and off your shoulders!!
Whew. Cars and computers make me ANGRY! Let me know if you need help!
Cars are the worst! bleh! I remember driving my car while hubby was gone and the transmission went out, so I drove his car while mine was in the shop. Then, his died in the middle of the road while I was driving it. I think I laid on the ground and kicked my feet at that point!
I hate it when places try to rip you off. I know that some places actually have a manual as to how long/much to charge you for. I was at my mechanics and he was looking up in this "manual" how long it should take him to do something, the manual said 2 hrs and he got it done in less than 45 minutes!
Oh man, I hate having to deal with cars and getting them worked on. It's always such a hassle. I'm sorry you had to deal with this!
Post a Comment